cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Setting Up CloudStack Dev Environment on Windows
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:35:55 GMT
Pattabi,

I know this problem and sorry I didn't respond earlier.

This is due to the problem that Dave Cahill brought up about my fix breaking kvm and Marcus
helped revert.  The problem is that the windows environment just don't go through key generation
and cloudstack works fine.  So my fix for it was if developer=true in the configuration table,
then don't do key generation but it breaks KVM.   The revert causes this to break for windows
again.

To work around it for now, just run this in mysql.  This changes the developer mode to false
which combined with a non 'cloud' username will skip the key generation.  As long as you're
not using kvm, cloudstack will run fine.  If you're running windows and kvm, then you need
to think of a better solution.

Update configuration set value='false' where key='developer';

--Alex