cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Cpu and Ram overcommit.
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:49:52 GMT
Bharat,

A few comments.

- On your caveats, I think you should deploy 2b.  Accept the change but not add more VMs anymore.
 You can provide a warning.

- As for repeated alerts, that's a problem with the alert mechanism.  It should not repeat
alerts.  Fix it there.

On implementation:
- You need to add something more generic such as a cluster-details to cluster that allows
you retrieve what you want to add to it.  I don't see any reason to keep adding columns to
cluster/pods.  Cluster/pods are organization units.  We should add a details table (might
already there) to keep component details because no one else will use this detail information.
 I don't see why we need to add database columns for this.
- How are you planning to handle hypervisors that cannot overcommit cpu or ram?  To me this
needs capabilities added to the hypervisor caps table.
- This is a planner specific change.  Make sure the changes are localized in the planner.
 If there's anything you need to change in CloudStack core/server, please point that out in
a subtask for your bug and let me know.

--Alex