cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject storage plugin docs....
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:20:48 GMT
Hi Mike,

I changed the topic to this because it should have its own thread.

Currently, there's no documentation on storage plugin.  Storage refactoring itself is only
added in 4.1.  I agree that such docs are needed.  In fact, I believe we need the following
things.

- How to write a storage plugin
- How to do integration test a new storage plugin without CloudStack  running
- How to integrate a new storage plugin into the UI
- How to integrate a new storage plugin's API into cloudmonkey

For now, I think you'll have to find the specs to storage refactoring which provides the interfaces
needed for storage plugin and ask questions if there are things that doesn't make sense to
you.  [1]

Edison has also started a conversation about integration testing just today.

Brain has started a thread on pluggable UI.

I've also talked with Rohit about how to make it so that cloudmonkey can work new plugins.
 I'm not sure if he's proposed it.  I'll let him answer with this.

--Alex

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Storage+subsystem+2.0