cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Zone-wide primary storage target
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:51:15 GMT

No I was giving one use case of where this capability might be useful.  It's not a requirement.

> If that were the case, when a user requests a data volume, must there be an
> option to choose or how will the allocation work? Will data volumes always
> come out of the zone-wide storage and root volume always is local or cluster-
> based primary storage?

I assume those will go into the disk offering.

> Finally, should we allow multiple zone-wide primary storage?

Yes.  Every time we plan for only one, it has come back to bite us because physical limits
of the resources.  We can certainly present to the end user as one zone wide ebs like storage
but how it's implemented underneath shouldn't be limited.

--Alex