cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCREENCAST] request for screencast to demo features
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:59:24 GMT

On Jan 18, 2013, at 10:38 AM, Prasanna Santhanam <tsp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 02:57:46PM +0530, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> With tons of new features being worked on, it would be nice if the developers of
a particular feature could record a screencast to demo what they have done.
>> I understand that there is the wiki but more often than not the documentation is
lagging.

>> Screencasts would help with writing documentation and also demo those features for
users.

>> For instance I would love to see screencasts on:
>> -nicira
>> -ceph
>> -S3 integration
>> -caringo
>> -devcloud-kvm
>>
> Will include a marvin screencast once I'm done refactoring to show how
> tests can be written. Do you have a tips page/tutorial on doing a
> screencast? I think we write the transcript before the recording?

I use Quicktime on my mac (10.8.2), it does screen recording easily.

What ever works for you in terms of transcript or no transcripts. You can prep by putting
down a story board on paper.
Including the actual transcripts of what you say, would make it compliant for hearing impaired.
For now I'd rather see many screencasts than just a few compliant ones.

Keep it relatively short <15 minutes.

I am still working on HD resolution.

-Sebastien