cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] HyperV feature (WAS: Re: [ACS41] Weekly schedule reminder...)
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:01:16 GMT
AFAIK, the plugin does not need Windows to compile.  Dependencies not captured by Java are
encapsulated in Python scripts that are not checked by the build.

Instead, the unit tests are skipped by default.  These tests rely on Hyper-V 2012, which is
not on either Linux or Windows by default.

Did you want Hyper-V to be a default off build option?  It does not seem like there is a need,
but I can do that.

To make the plug-in more useful, the VHDX image type was added to the set of formats accepted
by cloud-api.  The agent has to be deployed on the Hyper-V server along with Java, Python,
and some support Python modules.

Install steps and list of available options (network / secondary storage) needs to be captured
somewhere.  I was going to follow the Windows Development environment example, but I'm open
to suggestions.

Finally, should I try to merge sooner rather than later?  I'd like to up the unit tests, but
I'm conscious that there's not much time left.

DL