cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Summary of IRC meeting in #cloudstack-meeting, Wed Jan 23 17:05:29 2013
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:24:11 GMT
Yes me too

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hugo Trippaers [mailto:HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:22 PM
> To: <cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Summary of IRC meeting in #cloudstack-meeting, Wed Jan 23
> 17:05:29 2013
>
> I like this meeting bot and its minutes :-)
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>
> Op 23 jan. 2013 om 19:10 heeft "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The email below is what is auto-sent by ASFBot, which is the bot I
> > used during the irc meeting today.  Unlike the meetbot process, we
> > don't have a need to post things to the wiki (they are now here:
> > http://wilderness.apache.org/archives/ ) and the dev list manually.
> >
> > Shout if you're not OK with this change...  but I'm a fan of it.
> > Especially given that we don't have to "bring our own" meetbot each
> > week.
> >
> > -chip
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM, ASF IRC Services
> > <asfbot@wilderness.apache.org> wrote:
> >> Members present: Animesh, topcloud, chipc, csears, ke4qqq, jburwell,
> >> iswc, widodh, ramganesh, bhaisaab, serverchief, sudhap
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> Meeting summary:
> >> ----------------
> >>
> >> 1. Preface
> >>
> >> 2. bhaisaab
> >>
> >> 3. chipc
> >>
> >> 4. csears
> >>
> >> 5. edison_cs
> >>
> >> 6. iswc
> >>
> >> 7. jburwell
> >>
> >> 8. ke4qqq
> >>
> >> 9. ramganesh
> >>
> >> 10. serverchief
> >>
> >> 11. sudhap
> >>
> >> 12. topcloud
> >>  k. javelin branch stabilization requires more unit test fixes, and
> >> the non-oss build is broken as of right now (chipc, 12)
> >>
> >> 13. u-ichi
> >>
> >> 14. widodh
> >>
> >> 15. Animesh
> >>  s. SF Bay Area meetup group was started this week, first meetup
> >> being planned for some date in Feb (chipc, 15)
> >>
> >> 16. wrapup
> >>  v. topcloud proposed that the community find a way to make testing
> >> CS easy (when doing a bake-off between different CMP options) (chipc,
> >> 16)
> >>
> >>
> >> --------
> >> Actions:
> >> --------
> >> - topcloud to ask for help fixing unit tests in javelin on the dev
> >> list (chipc, 17:40:39)
> >> - topcloud or kelven will post info about Spring DI usage in javelin
> >> to the wiki (chipc, 17:43:40)
> >> - jburwell offered to help look into the Spring DI implementation
> >> with topcloud (chipc, 17:44:02)
> >> - widodh to update the dev list on the packaging status and schedule
> >> (chipc, 17:49:30)
> >> - jburwell to send a message to the dev list to propose a realtime
> >> irc discussion around the storage rearchitecture (chipc, 17:50:00)
> >> - ke4qqq to look at IP clearance xml files for Animesh (chipc,
> >> 17:53:59)
> >> - Animesh to email the dev list to discuss the jira process for
> >> partial features (chipc, 17:59:22)
> >>
> >> IRC log follows:
> >>
> >>
> >> # 1. Preface #
> >> 17:05:47 [chipc]: ok - for the record, we're giving ASFBot's meeting
> >> function a try this week
> >> 17:05:59 [chipc]: and we'll go in alpha order (not reversed this
> >> week)
> >> 17:06:14 [chipc]: so let's start with bhaisaab
> >>
> >>
> >> # 2. bhaisaab #
> >> 17:06:37 [bhaisaab]: ok
> >> 17:07:02 [chipc]: bhaisaab: anything for us this week?
> >> 17:07:16 [bhaisaab]: to report, working on cloudmonkey and apidoc and
> >> have about 15+ issues
> >> 17:07:47 [bhaisaab]: only issue to discuss is that I want folks to
> >> share their personal branch for their features
> >> 17:08:07 [chipc]: +1 to that
> >> 17:08:13 [bhaisaab]: for example a non-committer can this way share
> >> their progress indriectly with the comunity
> >> 17:08:27 [chipc]: indeed
> >> 17:08:27 [bhaisaab]: *community, posted an email on the same
> >> yesterday
> >> 17:08:34 [chipc]: I'll reply to your email as well - asking the same
> >> 17:08:34 [bhaisaab]: and I'm done
> >> 17:08:49 [chipc]: bhaisaab: did you see the question from Hugo about the
> createNetworkOffering API?
> >> 17:09:04 [ke4qqq]:  ACTION thanks chipc for the meeting reminder
> >> 17:09:20 [bhaisaab]: chipc: yes, I will see this today but even I
> >> don't know what happens if we remove the if conditional for the disk
> >> chck
> >> 17:09:34 [chipc]: thanks
> >> 17:09:42 [chipc]: ok - moving on, I think I'm next
> >>
> >>
> >> # 3. chipc #
> >> 17:09:43 [bhaisaab]: cloudmonkey issue in case anyone wants to track
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1037
> >> 17:09:44 [chipc]: Not much from me today...  I assume that things will get
> busy next week though.
> >> 17:09:44 [chipc]: 8 Days remaining until feature freeze for 4.1.0
> >> 17:09:44 [chipc]: New feature / improvement status: 4 closed, 15
> >> resolved, 4 reopened, 26 in progress, 43 open
> >> 17:09:44 [chipc]: I wanted committers (particularly the "maintainers" that
> were discussed long ago) to pay attention to the review board.  There are
> many reviews that need to be dealt with, and more will flood in during the
> next week.
> >> 17:09:58 [chipc]: I'm also getting concerned about the javelin branch
> merge coming, and if people will have enough time to rebase and test before
> submitting their features.
> >> 17:10:12 [chipc]: topcloud: we can discuss that concern when we get
> >> to you if you want
> >> 17:10:27 [chipc]: does anyone have anything for me?
> >> 17:10:34 [bhaisaab]: we should do that
> >> 17:10:51 [bhaisaab]: chipc: one concern, in case we may not make in time,
> is there a plan B?
> >> 17:10:59 [topcloud]: chipc: I've been asking people who needs spring to
> branch off of javelin.
> >> 17:10:59 [chipc]: not sure
> >> 17:11:28 [chipc]: topcloud: so perhaps we should wait to hear about
> >> where things stand...  and if we can help
> >> 17:11:42 [chipc]: so let's move on...
> >>
> >>
> >> # 4. csears #
> >> 17:11:57 [csears]: Nothing from me, thanks
> >> 17:11:57 [chipc]: csears: anything for the group?
> >> 17:11:57 [chipc]: thx
> >>
> >>
> >> # 5. edison_cs #
> >> 17:12:19 [chipc]: edison_cs: anything for the group?
> >> 17:12:37 [topcloud]: don't think edison is on.
> >> 17:12:57 [chipc]: hmm...  ok
> >> 17:12:57 [chipc]: thx
> >> 17:12:59 [chipc]: then I guess we'll move on
> >> 17:13:12 [topcloud]: he usually gets in toward the end of the hour.
> >> 17:13:20 [topcloud]: we can circle back to him.
> >> 17:13:21 [bhaisaab]: we can always circle back if he comes back
> >> 17:13:27 [chipc]: yup
> >>
> >>
> >> # 6. iswc #
> >> 17:13:42 [chipc]: iswc: anything for the group?
> >> 17:13:42 [iswc]: nope
> >> 17:13:50 [chipc]: ok - thanks
> >> 17:13:57 [chipc]: moving on then
> >>
> >>
> >> # 7. jburwell #
> >> 17:14:05 [chipc]: jburwell: anything for the group?
> >> 17:14:27 [jburwell]: testing S3 ... and had some discussions with
> >> edison last week regarding storage
> >> 17:14:34 [jburwell]: I plan to pick those back up and move them into
> >> this channel
> >> 17:14:42 [jburwell]: that's it for me
> >> 17:14:45 [chipc]: jburwell: thanks!
> >> 17:14:51 [chipc]: anybody have questions for jburwell?
> >> 17:15:19 [chipc]: ok, moving on - ke4qqq is up next
> >>
> >>
> >> # 8. ke4qqq #
> >> 17:15:29 [chipc]: ke4qqq: anything for the group?
> >> 17:15:42 [ke4qqq]: somewhat concerned about the API breakages and
> >> that individuals are finding them rather than our testing
> >> 17:16:12 [ke4qqq]: aside from that, nothing for the group
> >> 17:16:34 [bhaisaab]: oh man, sorry guys, most of the stuff would be
> >> my mistakes
> >> 17:16:42 [bhaisaab]: but I'll make sure to fix them
> >> 17:16:45 [chipc]: bhaisaab: mistakes happen!
> >> 17:16:51 [chipc]: I think the question is around test coverage
> >> 17:16:56 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: not concerned about it breaking itself
> >> 17:16:57 [csears]: is there a specific example?
> >> 17:17:03 [ke4qqq]: that will happen
> >> 17:17:13 [ke4qqq]: more concerned that our testing (or lack thereof)
> >> isn't catching it
> >> 17:17:18 [chipc]: do you know where the test results from the automated
> marvin tests are stored / published?
> >> 17:17:33 [sudhap]: chipc: testing hasn't officially started yet -
> >> getting there with automation setup being done
> >> 17:18:02 [chipc]: csears: here's one example from today
> >> http://markmail.org/thread/gbu4pkanncbe4xqt
> >> 17:18:03 [ke4qqq]: sudhap: how can we declare something code complete
> without any testing?
> >> 17:18:10 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: Prasanna does seems to be here, we'll
> >> have more coverage once we get those integration tests
> >> 17:18:12 [topcloud]: sudhap: I don't think the problem is with qa testing.
> >> 17:18:25 [sudhap]: ke4qqq: oh - I am talking about QA coverage not
> >> dev unit testing
> >> 17:18:32 [bhaisaab]: any updates on the IP clearance status of the
> >> integration tetsts
> >> 17:18:32 [topcloud]: the problem is regression testing that developers can
> run themselves.
> >> 17:18:32 [bhaisaab]: *tests
> >> 17:18:39 [ke4qqq]: yes - what topcloud said
> >> 17:19:02 [chipc]: ke4qqq: since it's your turn still, sudhap's
> >> question about the test IP clearance is a good one
> >> 17:19:09 [chipc]: any update on the SGA?
> >> 17:19:47 [ke4qqq]: Citrix legal is waiting for us to determine how
> >> many additional items will need to be added to a SGA
> >> 17:19:55 [chipc]: ok - that's right...  they want a single shot deal
> >> 17:19:57 [ke4qqq]: which is dependent on the other things going
> >> through IP Clearance
> >> 17:20:03 [chipc]: got it
> >> 17:20:05 [ke4qqq]: and whether or not a ICLA will suffice
> >> 17:20:17 [chipc]: sudhap: does that answer your question?
> >> 17:20:33 [sudhap]: chipc: yes - also we can run tests internally
> >> meanwhile
> >> 17:20:41 [chipc]: ke4qqq: I think we need to discuss that on list...  I
> >> believe that most of the features will probably be covered via ICLAs
> >> (at least for committers)
> >> 17:20:55 [sudhap]: will publish test results to ML
> >> 17:21:03 [chipc]: ke4qqq: anything else to discuss?
> >> 17:21:09 [ke4qqq]: yes, agree (with both where it needs to happen and
> >> that it can be done via iclas)
> >> 17:21:10 [ke4qqq]: nope
> >> 17:21:17 [chipc]: or does anyone have anything else for ke4qqq
> >> 17:21:32 [topcloud]: ke4qqq: any word on the wiki infra?
> >> 17:21:56 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: remaining ccc12 videos and puppet camp
> vids?
> >> 17:22:02 [ke4qqq]: topcloud: I've discussed it once, but not gotten
> >> any answers, will continue asking this week
> >> 17:22:09 [topcloud]: ke4qqq: ok....thx
> >> 17:22:24 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: fwiu, Kara was working on the CCC12
> >> vids, and puppetcamp vids will follow that
> >> 17:22:37 [chipc]: thanks
> >> 17:22:44 [ke4qqq]: but no direct insight into that
> >> 17:22:59 [chipc]: ok - moving on...  thanks ke4qqq
> >>
> >>
> >> # 9. ramganesh #
> >> 17:23:07 [chipc]: welcome ram
> >> 17:23:07 [ramganesh]: thanks
> >> 17:23:07 [chipc]: have anything for the group?
> >> 17:23:21 [ramganesh]: chipc:few updates
> >> 17:23:38 [ramganesh]: few jira items updated with the status
> >> 17:23:43 [chipc]: thanks
> >> 17:23:57 [ramganesh]: dvswitch  updated with latest status...
> >> 17:24:12 [ramganesh]: also aws healthchecks...
> >> 17:24:12 [chipc]: would be good to see individual initiative for the
> >> updates...  but thanks for prodding your team
> >> 17:24:27 [ramganesh]: sure
> >> 17:24:44 [ramganesh]: thats it
> >> 17:24:49 [ramganesh]: thanks
> >> 17:24:51 [chipc]: ramganesh: thanks
> >> 17:24:59 [chipc]: anybody have anything for ramganesh?
> >> 17:25:27 [chipc]: ok, moving on then
> >>
> >>
> >> # 10. serverchief #
> >> 17:25:34 [serverchief]: architecture related - if you have advanced
> >> network setup - where router VMs use 2 NICs for 2 networks - in many
> >> corp environments - dual homed  NICs on different networks for System
> >> VMs, circumvent firewall and other compliance policies, making not
> >> compliant if you are subjected to strict compliance... this is
> >> probably where openstack shines (not mentioning other issues)
> >> 17:25:34 [chipc]: serverchief: anything for the group?
> >> 17:25:34 [serverchief]: assuming end user can punch firewalls for system
> VMs to talk to cloudstack and VMs underneath.. whats is the possibility of us
> creating another type of "advanced network" - that is compliant with
> regulations and uses only 1 NIC?
>
> >> 17:26:49 [chipc]: serverchief: that seems like it's worth a question
> >> to the dev list
> >> 17:26:59 [bhaisaab]: yes move to ML!
> >> 17:27:05 [serverchief]: ok...
> >> 17:27:13 [chipc]: serverchief: anything else?
> >> 17:27:19 [serverchief]: nope
> >> 17:27:22 [chipc]: thanks!
> >> 17:27:27 [chipc]: moving on then
> >>
> >>
> >> # 11. sudhap #
> >> 17:27:42 [chipc]: sudhap: anything for the group?
> >> 17:28:35 [sudhap]: chipc: nothing
> >> 17:28:44 [sudhap]: chipc: same status I sent in MoM yesterday
> >> 17:28:50 [chipc]: thanks for sending that!
> >> 17:28:59 [chipc]: anyone have anything for sudhap?
> >> 17:29:19 [Animesh]: sudha lots of SQA jira tickets are unassigned
> >> 17:30:15 [chipc]: Animesh / sudhap: perhaps another call for testers on
> the list, with a specific set of priority items to get volunteers from will help?
> >> 17:30:27 [sudhap]: Animesh: I will check
> >> 17:30:34 [Animesh]: yes, that will help
> >> 17:30:34 [sudhap]: chipc: sure
> >> 17:30:49 [chipc]: anything else for sudhap?
> >> 17:30:49 [sudhap]: also I am mainly concerned to get automation runs
> >> and testing started on new features
> >> 17:30:57 [sudhap]: at this point
> >> 17:31:12 [sudhap]: FS completion and clarity on the scope continue to
> >> be problematic
> >> 17:31:34 [chipc]: agreed
> >> 17:31:52 [topcloud]: agreed
> >> 17:31:59 [chipc]: not sure what to do, other than basically punting
> >> features out to the next release
> >> 17:32:12 [Animesh]: i joined late but ramganesh probably already
> >> covered it, we will be moving out many items to 4.2
> >> 17:32:12 [chipc]: we need to be able to test
> >> 17:32:20 [topcloud]: animesh: is there anything u can do there?
> >> 17:32:22 [Animesh]: that will probably make it less of concern
> >> 17:32:42 [ramganesh]: Animesh: I will clean up few items to 4.2
> >> 17:32:57 [chipc]: Animesh: yes, if people can make the move ahead of
> >> the Jan 31 date, that will help everyone manage the scope for testing
> >> and doc finalization
> >> 17:32:57 [topcloud]: animesh: is there a deadline for making that clear?
> >> 17:33:04 [jburwell]: chipc seems there are three options, push out
> >> the release date, reduce scope, or accept compromised quality
> >> 17:33:12 [jburwell]: the third item is not really an option in my
> >> mind
> >> 17:33:12 [ke4qqq]: why are the developers espousing the features not
> admitting they can't hit code freeze and moving them themselves?
> >> 17:33:27 [topcloud]: jburwell: can not accept #3.
> >> 17:33:34 [ke4qqq]: jburwell: neither is the first 1
> >> 17:33:34 [topcloud]: we an discuss the other two.
> >> 17:33:43 [sudhap]: chipc: will start testing next week onwards -
> >> everyone is trying to organize test plans
> >> 17:33:45 [jburwell]: topcloud then that leaves one option
> >> 17:33:56 [ke4qqq]: at least not this early in the release schedule
> >> 17:33:56 [chipc]: jburwell: we had agreed on a schedule, and the plan
> >> was to stick with it...  features just get pushed
> >> 17:34:18 [chipc]: at least that's my opinion...  and I haven't seen
> >> anyone disagree on the list yet
> >> 17:34:19 [topcloud]: agreed. to me #2 is the only option as well.
> >> 17:34:40 [jburwell]: chip makes total sense to me, and it will serve
> >> as a good guide point for the next cycle
> >> 17:34:40 [Animesh]: yes so we will move out features to 4.2 by end of
> >> this week
> >> 17:34:56 [jburwell]: the first time through a time-boxed cycle, there
> >> is always a good bit of learning
> >> 17:35:03 [chipc]: so the sooner people get realistic about what
> >> timing is required, and do that change to Jira, the easier it will be
> >> for sudhap and the other testers to get organized
> >> 17:35:10 [chipc]: jburwell: indeed
> >> 17:35:18 [chipc]: ok - let's move on then
> >> 17:35:18 [jburwell]: and sadly, that translates to a higher than
> >> average features getting pushed out
> >> 17:35:33 [chipc]: jburwell: but we'll get better over time
> >> 17:35:33 [Animesh]: however we should also be cognizant that some
> >> folks are waiting on all architecture/ merge depedencies to be
> >> resolved
> >> 17:35:33 [bhaisaab]: Animesh: let's move them after 31st, by then
> >> we'll all know what was done and what needs to e moved
> >> 17:35:33 [topcloud]: animesh: when we move these features out, please
> move the design docs to the appropriate places as well.
> >> 17:35:49 [jburwell]: chipc agreed .. we now have a baseline to
> >> measure against
> >> 17:36:02 [chipc]: bhaisaab: if someone knows for a fact that they
> >> won't be done, they should be realistic about it
> >> 17:36:02 [jburwell]: which is critical for improvement
> >> 17:36:02 [chipc]: and get it moved now
> >> 17:36:09 [chipc]: jburwell: yup
> >> 17:36:09 [ke4qqq]: Animesh: yes and that's a lesson to learn for next
> >> time....massive changes need to land MUCH earlier so as not to block
> >> others
> >> 17:36:41 [bhaisaab]: chipc: yes, but for us we should only move
> >> tickets to 4.2 after 31st, till then it should be upto a developer
> >> 17:36:49 [chipc]: yes
> >> 17:36:54 [chipc]: agreed
> >> 17:36:56 [chipc]: the individual should make the call
> >> 17:37:02 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: yes, but the developer should be
> >> reasonable
> >> 17:37:03 [chipc]: but on the 31st, I'll bulk move things
> >> 17:37:11 [bhaisaab]: chipc: +1
> >> 17:37:17 [chipc]: let's move on...  thanks sudhap!
> >>
> >>
> >> # 12. topcloud #
> >> 17:37:24 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: sure
> >> 17:37:25 [chipc]: topcloud: what do you have for us today?
> >> 17:37:32 [topcloud]: so several topics
> >> 17:37:54 [topcloud]: first, apologize for being absent on the list....been
> pulled into the javelin merge so less time on the list.
> >> 17:38:17 [topcloud]: javelin update: I sent one out yesterday. the current
> status is the server is running and deploying vm.
> >> 17:38:19 [chipc]: topcloud: would it be useful to share problems on the
> list?  can people help?
> >> 17:38:32 [chipc]: clearly you guys know the guys of the system better
> >> than anyone
> >> 17:38:47 [topcloud]: that's the good news. bad news is we still have not
> fixed up all of the unit tests and i just realized non-oss is still broken.
> >> 17:38:47 [chipc]: but opportunities to help (if there are any) would
> >> be good to raise
> >> 17:39:18 [topcloud]: At this point, if anyone want to help fix the unit tests,
> we welcome the help.
> >> 17:39:32 [chipc]: #info javelin branch stabilization requires more
> >> unit test fixes, and the non-oss build is broken as of right now
> >> 17:39:57 [chipc]: topcloud: drop a note to the list...  especially if
> >> it requires anything special to get setup to run the code
> >> 17:40:18 [topcloud]: chipc: will do that. i won't repeat that here then.
> >> 17:40:24 [chipc]: ;-)
> >> 17:40:39 [chipc]: #action topcloud to ask for help fixing unit tests
> >> in javelin on the dev list
> >> 17:40:47 [chipc]: topcloud: anything else to discuss?
> >> 17:40:47 [topcloud]: so i do want to discuss this particular topic.
> >> 17:40:47 [bhaisaab]: topcloud: I think if kelven or yourself can post
> >> a wiki page on spring changes, many of the things may not be well
> >> understood I myself had troubles understanding the spring DI
> >> 17:41:11 [chipc]: bhaisaab: +1
> >> 17:41:17 [jburwell]: bhaisaab +1
> >> 17:41:17 [topcloud]: bhaisaab: yup...i've asked kelven to do that. but he's
> so busy with the merge he hasn't had a chance.
> >> 17:41:25 [jburwell]: there are many ways to employ spring di
> >> 17:41:39 [jburwell]: it would be nice to review the approach before
> >> it lands
> >> 17:41:39 [Animesh]: doeas the spring DI affect how we write unit
> >> tests as well
> >> 17:41:48 [chipc]: topcloud: sharing info is sort of a pre-req to
> >> getting help ;-)
> >> 17:42:02 [topcloud]: anmiesh: yes...that's the reason they are broken.
> >> 17:42:02 [jburwell]: animesh there are ways to use spring di so that
> >> it does not impact
> >> 17:42:02 [bhaisaab]: topcloud: the nonoss stuff too breaks because of
> >> component locator and incorrect di, I bet the same is the cause for
> >> unit tests in most cases
> >> 17:42:04 [chipc]: Animesh: absolutely
> >> 17:42:09 [jburwell]: and there ways to do it that don't
> >> 17:42:47 [Animesh]: so sooner the info is shared it will help folks
> >> on unit tests for features that will make into 4.1
> >> 17:42:47 [topcloud]: jburwell: would appreciate if you can help take
> >> a look and see if we're doing anything that's known to be bad for
> >> spring did
> >> 17:42:54 [bhaisaab]: jburwell: you should checkout javelin and share
> >> your any findings
> >> 17:43:02 [topcloud]: ok...back to what i was about to say.
> >> 17:43:02 [jburwell]: top cloud would happy to take a peek
> >> 17:43:32 [topcloud]: the plan was we get the server up and running and
> then run regression tests against it using devcloud.
> >> 17:43:40 [chipc]: #action topcloud or kelven will post info about
> >> Spring DI usage in javelin to the wiki
> >> 17:44:02 [chipc]: #action jburwell offered to help look into the
> >> Spring DI implementation with topcloud
> >> 17:44:02 [topcloud]: vogxn was suppose to help in running that but he has
> some personal issues so we also have some problem there to run regression
> tests before the final merge.
> >> 17:45:05 [chipc]: topcloud: anything else?
> >> 17:45:09 [topcloud]: ok...that's it.
> >> 17:45:11 [chipc]: thanks!
> >>
> >>
> >> # 13. u-ichi #
> >> 17:45:26 [chipc]: u-ichi: anything for the group?
> >> 17:45:55 [chipc]: moving on then
> >>
> >>
> >> # 14. widodh #
> >> 17:46:04 [chipc]: widodh: anything for the group?
> >> 17:46:24 [widodh]: Man o man, I really need to get things straigt
> >> here :)
> >> 17:46:41 [chipc]: do explain! ;-)
> >> 17:46:47 [widodh]: I don't have anything right now. Still working on
> >> packaging but haven't got the t ime for that
> >> 17:46:54 [widodh]: some internall stuff going on inside the company
> >> which is drawing all my attention
> >> 17:47:17 [topcloud]: widodh: did edison resolve your concerns on the
> storage front?
> >> 17:47:17 [bhaisaab]: we want that, it will be blocker for qa folks
> >> 17:47:24 [chipc]: widodh: packaging is a concern for me...  given that
> >> we are going to cut the release branch at the end of the month
> >> 17:47:32 [chipc]: is there anything that can be done to help you?
> >> 17:47:33 [widodh]: topcloud: I'm not convinced yet about the whole
> >> thing
> >> 17:47:48 [widodh]: chipc: Currently not. Hugo, Noa and I are meeting
> >> next week during BACD
> >> 17:47:55 [bhaisaab]: chipc: we'll still have a month afte code freeze to
> figure and fix packaging, right?
> >> 17:48:01 [widodh]: Hopefully we can get a lot done that day
> >> 17:48:01 [jburwell]: topcloud widodh I still have still have
> >> significant storage concerns as well
> >> 17:48:08 [chipc]: widodh: that's going to make testing hard
> >> 17:48:29 [widodh]: chipc: I know, but currently I don't think we can
> >> make it earlier
> >> 17:48:29 [topcloud]: jburwell widodh: maybe we need to get on irc and
> talk about it.
> >> 17:48:44 [chipc]: widodh: can you do me a favor and take a moment to
> update the list with status and what you think you're schedule looks like?
> >> 17:48:52 [jburwell]: topcloud my plan was to resume meetings with
> >> edison this afternoon or tomorrow in this channel to address them
> >> 17:48:52 [widodh]: So packaging is my main thing now.
> >> 17:49:07 [widodh]: chipc: Yes, I'll do that. Good point
> >> 17:49:14 [topcloud]: jburwell: cool...thx...i like to join that.....
> >> 17:49:22 [chipc]: widodh: and we all know about $dayjob priorities,
> >> so no problems
> >> 17:49:22 [topcloud]: widodh: what about you?
> >> 17:49:29 [topcloud]: do we need to find a time appropriate for you?
> >> 17:49:30 [chipc]: #action widodh to update the dev list on the
> >> packaging status and schedule
> >> 17:49:37 [jburwell]: topcloud i will send a message to list once I
> >> have a time slot
> >> 17:49:52 [widodh]: topcloud: Preferrable morning CA time, I'm 9 hours
> >> ahead
> >> 17:50:00 [chipc]: #action jburwell to send a message to the dev list
> >> to propose a realtime irc discussion around the storage
> >> rearchitecture
> >> 17:50:00 [widodh]: but chipc, yes, that is my action for now
> >> 17:50:14 [chipc]: widodh: thank you!
> >> 17:50:29 [chipc]: widodh: anything else for the group?
> >> 17:50:37 [widodh]: Nope, that's it
> >> 17:50:44 [chipc]: anybody have something for widodh?
> >> 17:51:09 [chipc]: ok - moving on...  we'll swing back to Animesh now
> >>
> >>
> >> # 15. Animesh #
> >> 17:51:15 [chipc]: Animesh: anything for the group?
> >> 17:51:22 [Animesh]: ok have many updates
> >> 17:51:46 [Animesh]: First on IP clearance: I will file for ICLA
> >> today, reat all had ICLAs with APache
> >> 17:51:59 [Animesh]: trying to type too fast
> >> 17:52:07 [chipc]: Animesh: try that again ;-)
> >> 17:52:25 [Animesh]: ok one ICLA for Hari will be filed today
> >> 17:52:29 [chipc]: great
> >> 17:52:52 [Animesh]: the xml files need to be reviewed by David
> >> 17:52:59 [chipc]: any other non-committers with proposed donations
> need ICLAs?
> >> 17:53:16 [Animesh]: there was only one Jayapal but he alredy had ICLA
> >> 17:53:22 [chipc]: ok
> >> 17:53:37 [chipc]: ke4qqq: did you catch that note about reviewing xml
> files?
> >> 17:53:38 [ke4qqq]: yes
> >> 17:53:47 [Animesh]: so I plan to wrap up all 7 xml files for OP
> >> clearance submission today
> >> 17:53:59 [chipc]: #action ke4qqq to look at IP clearance xml files
> >> for Animesh
> >> 17:54:22 [Animesh]: Next I started SF Bay Area meetup group
> >> 17:54:25 [chipc]: Animesh: awesome
> >> 17:54:44 [Animesh]: few folks have joined, we plan to do a first
> >> meetup in Feb some time
> >> 17:55:07 [chipc]: #info SF Bay Area meetup group was started this
> >> week, first meetup being planned for some date in Feb
> >> 17:55:29 [chipc]: thanks Animesh
> >> 17:55:37 [chipc]: anything else for the group?
> >> 17:55:37 [Animesh]: on 4.1 as discussed will start moving out
> >> features off 4.1 to 4.2
> >> 17:55:52 [Animesh]: ramganesg probably civered it already which I
> >> missed
> >> 17:55:59 [chipc]: yes
> >> 17:56:15 [Animesh]: any questions / action items other than that for
> >> me on 4.1
> >> 17:56:24 [chipc]: not from me, others?
> >> 17:56:52 [chipc]: moving on then...
> >>
> >>
> >> # 16. wrapup #
> >> 17:57:01 [chipc]: Did I miss anyone?
> >> 17:57:14 [chipc]: or does anyone have anything to discuss here at the
> end?
> >> 17:57:22 [Animesh]: yes, quick
> >> 17:57:44 [Animesh]: if we have partial features done, then should
> >> parent task point to 4.1 or 4.2
> >> 17:58:14 [ke4qqq]: partial feature sounds like !not_code_complete
> >> 17:58:14 [chipc]: IMO, we should probably break out a 4.1 feature and
> >> a 4.2 feature...  if the partial implementation is usable
> >> 17:58:21 [chipc]: not necessarily
> >> 17:58:21 [jburwell]: chip I just dropped a proposed storage
> >> architecture meeting time to the mailing list
> >> 17:58:21 [Animesh]: No I mean subset of feature
> >> 17:58:28 [chipc]: like - IPv6
> >> 17:58:28 [topcloud]: i think the "stackwars" topic will continue to surface.
> while i agree bakeoffs is the right approach, we should setup something to
> help in these bakeoffs.
> >> 17:58:44 [Animesh]: Chipc: yes i mean as you described
> >> 17:58:45 [chipc]: Animesh: actually - let's discuss the Jira process
> >> on the list
> >> 17:58:49 [Animesh]: ok
> >> 17:58:57 [chipc]: Animesh: can you email the list that question?
> >> 17:58:59 [Animesh]: will do
> >> 17:59:12 [topcloud]: does anyone what to volunteer to work on that?
> >> 17:59:22 [chipc]: #action Animesh to email the dev list to discuss
> >> the jira process for partial features
> >> 17:59:42 [chipc]: topcloud: what sort of thing were you considering?
> >> 18:00:20 [topcloud]: chipc: it just came up so i haven't thought it through.
> >> 18:00:28 [chipc]: we should noodle on it a bit
> >> 18:00:57 [chipc]: #info topcloud proposed that the community find a
> >> way to make testing CS easy (when doing a bake-off between different
> >> CMP options)
> >> 18:00:57 [topcloud]: just occurs to me that we can either send people in
> there blind or send them in there packed with information.
> >> 18:01:04 [chipc]: I totally agree
> >> 18:01:12 [topcloud]: but with what information hasn't occurred to me yet.
> >> 18:01:19 [topcloud]: ok...will do that.
> >> 18:01:27 [chipc]: one option would be to use ke4qqq
> >> 18:01:35 [chipc]: 's runbook as the walkthrough process
> >> 18:01:42 [chipc]: and keep that up to date
> >> 18:01:51 [topcloud]: chipc: +1
> >> 18:02:06 [topcloud]: as a starting point is good.
> >> 18:02:15 [topcloud]: anyways, i'll post that topic.
> >> 18:02:27 [topcloud]: see what everyone thinks.
> >> 18:02:27 [chipc]: topcloud: good question to raise though...  let's
> >> think about it a bit.  We're at the top of the hour, so I want to
> >> wrap up
> >> 18:02:34 [chipc]: any other topics?
> >> 18:03:04 [chipc]: ok - with that, thanks everyone!  I'll post the minutes to
> the list.
> >> 18:03:12 [chipc]: have a great day / evening
> >>

Mime
View raw message