cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS41] Release Status Update - 10 days left to feature freeze!
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 21:20:56 GMT
I would recommend to move them out of 4.1 if any of these are still "in progress" and  in "
open " status.
Reopen can be considered for review before pushing as it may need minor update for the already
completed feature. But if it require considerable changes, may be that can be pushed as well.

To keep the schedule and meet quality criteria it is important to stick to agreed up on milestone
exit criteria

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:16 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Alena Prokharchyk; Anshul Gangwar; Anthony Xu; Bharat Kumar; Brian Federle; Edison Su;
Fang Wang; Frank Zhang; Harikrishna Patnala; HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com; Jayapal Reddy
Uradi; kanzhe.jiang@bigswitch.com; Likitha Shetty; Marcus Sorensen; Mice Xia; Murali Reddy;
Nitin Mehta; Prachi Damle; Rajesh Battala; Radhika Puthiyetath; Sanjay Tripathi; Sateesh Chodapuneedi;
Sheng Yang; Sonny Chhen; Vijay Venkatachalam; Wido den Hollander
Subject: Re: [ACS41] Release Status Update - 10 days left to feature freeze!

I was planning on reviewing each one individually...  but we had agreed that the code needed
to be merged into the master branch (and be feature complete) by Jan 31.

If folks disagree with this, now's the time to say so!

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi chip,
>
> Is it implicit that any  "In progress" / "Open" new features and improvements would be
moved to next release on Jan 31st?

> Thanks
> /Sudha

and I wanted to be sure everyone knows where we are right now.

> Out of 95 total proposed features / improvements, their status is:
>
> 3 Closed
> 12 Resolved
> 5 Reopened
> 21 In Progress
> 54 Open
>
> For those of you that have tasks / improvements listed as "Open" (I've cc'ed some of
you, and not others, based on stated preferences for list etiquette), I would ask if you can
take a minute and update the jira items assigned to you with "In Progress" if you are actually
started.

> I'd also ask everyone to take a moment to think about a realistic estimate of your work
remaining, or if you are even planning on starting in time...  If it already appears that
you will need to have the feature released as part of 4.2.0, then please take a minute to
change the "Fix Version" to 4.2.0.  It would also be helpful of any sub-tasks were also moved
(especially QA and Doc sub-tasks).