cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS41][QA] New Features Vs Improvements
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 15:30:39 GMT
Thanks Chip for the explanation and subsequent action!

Feature Assignees,

As some of the features are too big, I would think it is impossible to complete by Jan 30th
deadline.
-For that reason, ensure that features are done in logical chunks,
-Also make sure that feature can be reverted if it breaks existing features or doesn't comply
with ASF guidelines or other reasons it cannot be part of release.
-Also make sure to update status of JIRA ticket for new features / subtasks/ improvements
so others would know the status.

Thanks
/Sudha

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 7:16 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ASF 4.1][QA] New Features Vs Improvements

It's how they are being logged in Jira.

As part of doing a review after the cut-off date (today), I was planning on ensuring that
new features are tagged correctly as new features...  and that smaller changes and / or internal
improvements are classified as such improvements.

To me, a new feature is something that you talk about to users / operators of the software.
 Improvements are something that are either
(1) trivial or (2) internal code changes that don't effect the user.
The classification should help with release notes as well.

I'd consider them equal for now, since I'm not sure that everything is correctly classified
yet.