cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sangeetha Hariharan <Sangeetha.Hariha...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Not able to start System Vms on KVM host
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:58:26 GMT
Marcus,

In my case , I did not do any changes to the existing bridges after a fresh install of Rhel
6.3  and assumed that cloud stack will create the required bridges.
Is this assumption valid ? If this is not the case then we will make sure that 'cloudbr0'
and 'cloudbr1' bridges get created before adding the hosts to cloudstack.

Thanks
Sangeetha

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Sorensen [mailto:shadowsor@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:29 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Not able to start System Vms on KVM host

Is this a non-issue? In reviewing the cloudstack 4.0 installation docs, section 8.1.7:

http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html

"In order to forward traffic to your instances you will need at least two bridges: public
and private.
By default these bridges are called cloudbr0 and cloudbr1, but you do have to make sure they
are available on each hypervisor. The most important factor is that you keep the configuration
consistent on all your hypervisors."

and

"The goal is to have two bridges called 'cloudbr0' and 'cloudbr1'
after this section. This should be used as a guideline only. The exact configuration will
depend on your network layout."

So anyone following the docs would be expected to have a cloudbr1 and everything would work.
It seems that maybe you've set up an environment where you have configured everything to use
cloudbr0, which is fine for a custom setup, and then upgraded to master and wiped out the
custom settings?