cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] cloudmonkey releases along with CloudStack releases
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:57:55 GMT
Heya Rohit,

I like the proposal a lot, however I'm not sure if we should deviate from the ASF process
while we are still in the incubator. The ASF has a very detailed release process which includes
votes, code signing etc. This process covers everything that is in the Apache CloudStack project.
If we decide that cloudmonkey is the official CLI (+1 for that) we should take care to follow
the release process. If we think that the current release process does not work we should
apply for a separate apache project or take it out of the code.

Of course we can have multiple builds of cloudmonkey, just like we have multiple builds of
CloudStack, but the source is fixed as it is released. That means that cloudmonkey 4.0.1 is
based on the cloudmonkey sources in the apache repo as they are when release 4.0.1 will be
tagged. If the release on pypi is our official release, then it should follow the ASF process,
otherwise we should have a separate place where we release Apache CloudStack Cloudmonkey and
leave pypi to others, making sure that it is clear that that particular release is not an
official release from the Apache CloudStack.

I hope I'm making sense here..

Any mentors that want to chip in?

Cheers,

Hugo