cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: NetScaler lib/sdk jars are apache licensed
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 09:39:36 GMT
Hey Vijay,

Great news!

Comments inline.

While not 100% required, this would make life easier for everybody involved. Especially developers
should not be required to install the appliance and download the jar before being able to
compile the code (I'm assuming here we are moving the netscaler code to the main build).

Internet downloadable is great, but publishing it in a maven repo (or even on central) would
be completely awesome. This would mean that we can move the netscaler stuff to the main build
and nobody would have to worry about obtaining the jar file and running obscure commands to
get the jar into the repo. This would also make version management easier as new versions
would be published in the repo and we can just update the version number in the pom.xml.

I realize that this would put some extra strain on whoever is making the netscaler jar files,
but it would be great (so great I will happily buy anyone that makes this happen a beer ;-)
)

> 2.       How to get the integration done, any instructions?

Edit the pom files to remove the dependency on the nonoss flag from any components that depend
on the netscaler.jar. This only works if maven can find the jar in some repository.

> Thanks,
> Vijay V.

I'll be happy to help with setting up a repo, dealing with central or make modifications to
the pom.xml. Let me know what I can help with.

Cheers,

Hugo