cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [ASF41]Closure of New Features/ Improvements
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:58:29 GMT
On 01/16/2013 04:13 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti wrote:
> Would like to bring up the topic of when to close New features/ Improvements.
>
> I understand that we are closing new features/ improvements once we have completed dependent
subtasks like QA/ Documentation are done but we did not call out dependency on defects explicitly.
 Usually  we would not call it done till we complete 1 cycle of QA and there are no outstanding
P1 issues exist as sometimes the implementation might not be in alignment with requirements
or do not meet supportability requirements.

> Given that we did not call out dependency and closure criteria explicitly, I think we
are treating feature done once QA/ Doc are done.

> However would like to propose that QA would reopen the new tasks/improvements if implementation
is not done as per the requirements or if there are serious issues with the implementation
ie like a blocker for a primary use case.

Well, I think I have to re-implement much of the RBD code for 4.1 and
I'm not sure if I can do that in time.

I don't want RBD to become a blocker, but I also think there is no QA at
all for this code, is there?

Wido