cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Private development branch
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 12:29:09 GMT
On 01/02/2013 10:26 AM, Sateesh Chodapuneedi wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the current work flow for development (non-committer) fits well for small patch
development.
> But in case of feature development or bigger patches which might need longer period of
development, developer need some place to push the code changes. It's needed to push code
changes to secure location rather than depend on commits to local repository (in their development
machine).

> Would forking ASFCS on any public git host (github.com) sound good? Is that a legitimate
idea?

Why not create a new branch on the ASF repo? This way other committers
can easily see that a new feature is being worked on.

That said, you need to have committer rights to do so.

If you place the code on Github it will not be seen by other community
members and it could also mislead other users who find the code on Github.

Wido