cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Waterhouse <Simon.Waterho...@eu.citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] add/remove NIC on VM
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:36:28 GMT
There is an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-645 to add/remove a network
on VM.

I would like to alter the interface proposed so we instead add methods to explicitly create/destroy
a NIC and attach/detach it from a VM - the feature would then be directly analogous to the
AWS Elastic Network Interface.

I am a newcomer to CloudStack development, but I would be happy to take on some work in this
area (write feature spec, implement API methods etc.) to build upon the work contributed by
Marcus and team  - from what I can see from CLOUDSTACK-645 much of the required functionality
is already in place; I am just suggesting we expose it in a slightly different way...

Regards
Simon