cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Restore a VM from template
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 14:17:03 GMT
Hi Kelcey / Trevor  - I think you got confused between 2 apis we have in Cloudstack - restoreVirtualMachine
and recoverVirtualMachine.
restore vm api restores a new volume for the vm keeping the IP address and other attributes
intact. This action is available only when the vm is stopped or running state. Whereas recover
vm is for recovering the vm and just changes the state of the vm (from destroyed to stopped)
 and is available when the vm is in destroyed state.

But we show actions for only one of them in the UI actions. We should have one for restoreVirtualMachine
api as well.

Thanks,
-Nitin