cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Koneti <kiran.kon...@citrix.com>
Subject Regarding the Dedicated Resources - Private pod, cluster, host Functional Spec .
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:46:01 GMT
Hi Deepti ,

I have gone through the FS located in the below location and have some questions regarding
the feature.

FS Link: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Dedicated+Resources+-+Private+pod%2C+cluster%2C+host+Functional+Spec

Here are the List of Questions:

1)    Is the "Dedicated Resources Specific to OS on Dedicated HW" Feature also added to the
same FS.(as I see that both got merged to a single feature.)

2)    How are we going to dedicate the pod/cluster/host to a particular account(are we using
only api's or there any UI changes also to implement the same.)

3)    If I dedicate a pod to an account then it is equal that I dedicated the cluster as well
as the hosts in that cluster to the account?

4)    Adding to the above  if I have a cluster with two hosts then can I dedicate each host
to a different account?

5)    I have a host dedicated to an account but if I won't use the Service offering with "isdedicated"
to true  and use any other offering will the VM be deployed? (case is there are no other non
dedicated hosts in the pool.)

6)    Will we use the UUID or just the ID of the pod/cluster/host in the api to dedicate a
particular host.

7)    Can we implement the same in the Upgraded environment also (If the "UUID" concept is
used as the hosts upgraded from 2.2.14 doesn't contain theUUID's).

Regards,
Kiran.