cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chandan Purushothama <Chandan.Purushoth...@citrix.com>
Subject NTier Apps 2.0 Feature: Questions pertaining to load Balancing across all tiers
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 01:00:01 GMT
Kishan,

Kindly let me know the answers for the questions mentioned below:
{References used: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/nTier+Apps+2.0+Functional+Spec
, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-747 }

Questions:

1.      What is the procedure to use a Public LB on a Tier?

2.      What is the procedure to use a Tier to Tier LB?

3.      What are the known limitations of Questions 1 and 2?

4.      What is the impact on existing Public LB Rules that respect the current limitation
of LB only on one tier?

5.      Are there any DB Changes due to this feature?

6.      What are the UI changes that will be made to the current UI?

7.      Which physical devices support this feature of Load balancing across all tiers? What
versions of those physical devices are supported?

8.      Does it support multiple Load balancing devices of a single provider in a VPC?

9.      If Question 8 is yes, then Do we support Load balancing functionality recovery at
times of failure?

10.    Are there any limitations on how many public VLANs can support LB functionality in
a VPC?

Thank you,
Chandan.