cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject IRC Meeting Minutes: 16 January 2013
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:18:56 GMT
Didn't have a bot running during the meeting, so here's a by-hand
summary of the meeting. Please let me know if you have any corrections,
additions, etc. 

Meeting Log:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Meeting+16+January+2013+Log

Items Discussed:
=============================

4.1.0 status from chipc: "update on the feature / improvement overall
status for 4.1.0: 95 total, 3 closed, 13 resolved, 18 in progress, 4
reopened, and 56 that appear to not be in progress at all (no status
update)" with a reminder "that we are freezing new features / merges /
etc... at the end of Jan."

Related: There was a fair amount of discussion today about problems with
committers not responding to tickets, etc. - and even not responding to
their own DISCUSS threads. See the log for details.

Related to problems with responses, it was discussed that some
committers may be unclear on the procedure for discussing issues between
Jira, Review Board, and the mailing list. Generally agreed that any
issues that can be solved with better documentation should be. 

Report on 4.0.1: Still awaiting resolution on CLOUDSTACK-615, and a new
bug reported (CLOUDSTACK-976) that has insufficient information at the
moment. Sudhap also mentioned a potential bug that has not yet been
reported in Jira.

noa mentioned that there's a lot of work to be done merging the
packaging work into 4.1.0, and developers are welcome to contribute/ask
for write access to the branch here:

https://github.com/noaresare/incubator-cloudstack/commits/packaging

bhaisaab is still looking for comments on discussion about plugins,
packaging plugins separately and working on cloudmonkey to support api
discovery

Action items by nick:
=============================

Animesh: 

ACTION: will follow up on IP clearance, re-send email calling for vote with proper VOTE prefix

chipc: 

ACTION: will send release summary to mailing list today

jzb: 

ACTION: resurrect ML thread on participation
ACTION: start wiki page for CloudStack promotional materials, begin work on standard presentations
ACTION: start wiki page on "how to discuss/use Jira, ML, and RB"

sudha: 

ACTION: pull list of stuff blocked from QA perspective

vogxn:

ACTION: will bring up a proposal to refactor the integration library for Marvin to speed up
test automation.



###

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
http://dissociatedpress.net/
Twitter: @jzb

Mime
View raw message