cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: devcloud-kvm (and marvin bugs)
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:04:00 GMT
I've fixed the problem of the same vlan applied to all the physical
networks with CLOUDSTACK-968 [1]. The vlan attribute went back-and-forth
b/w zone and phy. network when the physical-network concept was
introduced. Looks like I failed to fix marvin then.

Also while fixing this I noticed our ZoneResponse still carries the
legacy 'vlan' that was given at zone level in 2.2. This is ending up
in marvin's response class too in createZoneResponse. Not sure if this
is still reqd because I didn't find any usage of that vlan. Posted
CLOUDSTACK-969 [2]

The wiki documentation is also corrected along with the examples in
the sandbox which now show the use of traffic labels.

Lastly, I've also committed a config generator script for devcloud-kvm
extending from the config you shared [3]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-968
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-969
[3] http://s.apache.org/rrZ

Thanks,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 01:05:55PM -0500, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> Marcus - Thanks for bringing these up:
>
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:41:08PM -0500, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
> > Let me verify that everything is working first :-)
> >
> > I've had a chance to play with some of the marvin stuff a bit, and am
> > running into a few issues. Per the example on
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Testing+with+Python
> > under
> > 'how do I generate it', if I copy that python script into devcloud and run
> > it, I end up with the following broken globalConfig:
> >
> >     "globalConfig": [
> >         {
> >             "name": "name",
> >             "value": "value"
> >         },
> >         {
> >             "name": "name",
> >             "value": "value"
> >         }
> >     ],
>
> I'll fix this. The documentation is wrong. That should just be a dictionary.
> You can check tools/marvin/marvin/sandbox/advanced/advanced_env.py on how you
> can simply get the config out of a properties file.
>

> > If I delete that then the 431 goes away.
> >
> > Also, I don't see a way to edit the traffic labels on the advanced network
> > stuff in marvin, that would be extremely useful.
>
> This can be done as follows:
>
> for eg:
> from tools/marvin/marvin/configGenerator.py:describe_setup_in_eip_mode()
>
> 418         pn = physical_network()
> 419         pn.name = "test-network"
> 420         pn.traffictypes = [traffictype("Guest", {"xen": "cloud-guest"}), traffictype("Management"),
traffictype("Public", { "xen": "cloud-public"}    )]
> 421         pn.providers.extend([sgprovider, nsprovider])
> 422         z.physical_networks.append(pn)
>

> > Lastly, It seems that if I set a vlan range for a zone, marvin attempts to
> > set that vlan range for every physical network defined for the zone. So the
> > first one succeeds, the second one fails. The vlan property should be moved
> > up to be a member of the physical network as far as marvin is concerned.
> > We're in the process of making changes that allow you to use the same vlan
> > numbers on different physical networks anyway, since it's possible that you
> > can have completely separate infrastructure on each nic.
> >
> You're right - I'll have the vlan move down to physical_network.
>

> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
> >
> > > very cool - hoping I can get a chance to test this out and give some
> > > feedback within the next week or so.  Thanks!

> > > in
> > > developer,systemvm
I'll

--