cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: devcloud-kvm (and marvin bugs)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:05:55 GMT
Marcus - Thanks for bringing these up:

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:41:08PM -0500, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
> Let me verify that everything is working first :-)
>
> I've had a chance to play with some of the marvin stuff a bit, and am
> running into a few issues. Per the example on
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Testing+with+Python
> under
> 'how do I generate it', if I copy that python script into devcloud and run
> it, I end up with the following broken globalConfig:
>
>     "globalConfig": [
>         {
>             "name": "name",
>             "value": "value"
>         },
>         {
>             "name": "name",
>             "value": "value"
>         }
>     ],

I'll fix this. The documentation is wrong. That should just be a dictionary.
You can check tools/marvin/marvin/sandbox/advanced/advanced_env.py on how you
can simply get the config out of a properties file.

> If I delete that then the 431 goes away.
>
> Also, I don't see a way to edit the traffic labels on the advanced network
> stuff in marvin, that would be extremely useful.

This can be done as follows:

for eg:
from tools/marvin/marvin/configGenerator.py:describe_setup_in_eip_mode()

418         pn = physical_network()
419         pn.name = "test-network"
420         pn.traffictypes = [traffictype("Guest", {"xen": "cloud-guest"}), traffictype("Management"),
traffictype("Public", { "xen": "cloud-public"}    )]
421         pn.providers.extend([sgprovider, nsprovider])
422         z.physical_networks.append(pn)

> Lastly, It seems that if I set a vlan range for a zone, marvin attempts to
> set that vlan range for every physical network defined for the zone. So the
> first one succeeds, the second one fails. The vlan property should be moved
> up to be a member of the physical network as far as marvin is concerned.
> We're in the process of making changes that allow you to use the same vlan
> numbers on different physical networks anyway, since it's possible that you
> can have completely separate infrastructure on each nic.

You're right - I'll have the vlan move down to physical_network.

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
>
> > very cool - hoping I can get a chance to test this out and give some
> > feedback within the next week or so.  Thanks!
> >
> > On Jan 10, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Guys,
> > >  I'm writing up basic instructions on how to run a devcloud-kvm virtual
> > > machine, for KVM development. The setup is complete, but I've run into a
> > > few things as far as configuration that I'd like some help on.
> > >
> > > 1) running services. In the past I've just built rpms and installed them
> > in
> > > the devcloud-kvm. Not only does this not work on master right now, but it
> > > takes an extra 60 seconds. With devcloud we run "mvn -P
> > developer,systemvm
> > > clean install && mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run", I'm assuming
I'll

--
Prasanna.,