cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Kelceydamage@bbits" <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: CloudStack Advanced Network Setup and Corporate Compliance - SystemVMs with dual NICs
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:43:17 GMT
Well with 1 NIC several other compliance issues arise especially for us PCI type folk.

I have built CS into a compliant DC and had few issues, maximizing the flexibility of network
types and routing, pretty much anything can be done. My CS build lived behind 3 layers of
firewalls.

Perhaps more specifics are required from your point about compliance. Is there a particular
standard your concerned with?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 23, 2013, at 9:35 AM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:

> Architecture related - if you have advanced network setup - where router VMs use 2 NICs
for 2 networks - in many corp environments - dual homed  NICs on different networks for System
VMs, circumvent firewall and other compliance policies, making not compliant if you are subjected
to strict compliance... this is probably where openstack shines (not mentioning other issues)

> Assuming end user can punch firewalls for system VMs to talk to CloudStack and VMs underneath..
whats is the possibility of us creating another type of "advanced network" - that is compliant
with regulations and uses only 1 NIC for SystemVMs?