cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] CloudStack Weekly News?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:06:52 GMT
Hey all,

In the distant past (I think it was October. What? Things move fast
around here.) we had a discussion about doing a CloudStack weekly news
type thing.

I'd like to start doing this to help folks who aren't actively involved
in CloudStack development keep abreast of what's going on, and to help
people who focus on one area of development (say, packaging, or
autoscale) see what's going on in other areas of CloudStack.

Given the volume of mail and such, I'm asking for help in identifying
issues that are important and should be called out via the weekly news.

I'm not going to attempt to summarize *everything* that goes on. But
I'll try to hit the highlights. I'll start a page on the wiki each week
(like this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Apache+CloudStack+Weekly+News+-+14+January+2013)
and start adding things that seem newsworthy as they happen.

Note that this isn't intended to be a solo effort, I just want to get
the ball rolling. Feel free to add things to the wiki, or to pop me an
email with a "news tip" if you want to add something.

Questions, comments, flames, news tips?

Best,

jzb
--