cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Tripathi <sanjay.tripa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Limit Resources to domain/account
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:52:30 GMT
Koushik,

>What is the upgrade story? For e.g. say based on the existing VM's for an account, the
total CPU and RAM exceeds the global maximums. What  happens in this case?

If admin sets the limits for an account and suppose that account already has existing VMs
whose total CPU and RAM counts are exceeding the limits, in this case CloudStack would not
shut down the VMs assigned to account to level the resources. If the user tries to deploy
a VM, CS will check the limits of that account and in this case CS will not allow the account
to deploy the VM.

>Also for CPU number of cores are considered, should speed also be considered?
Thanks for suggestion :), we can consider speed also as a part of CPU resource.

Thanks,
Sanjay