cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Mathiasen ...@mira.dk>
Subject NFS Exported drives (FSID) issues.
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:34:29 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to setup a Cloudstack using DRBD as primary storage.

I have a setup with Cloudstack working beautifully with a single DRBD storage, a management
server and some host servers.

However, I wish to add more primary storage from the same DRBD setup and then all hell breaks
loose.

I have the following DRBD storage exported from my setup now:

/export/drbd0 10.212.212.0/24(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohide,crossmnt,fsid=0)

However, If I add DRBD1 within my /etc/exports file, the issues begin. Even before I have
added the new DRBD storage as Primary storage within my Cloudstack, system VM’s, Routers
and VM’s wont start.

As I have understood, the fsid must be unique, and therefor none of the exported drives must
have the same value. So “0″ wont do. However I have experienced that Cloudstack wont work
with exported drives that doesn’t have a value of “0″.

/export/drbd0 10.212.212.0/24(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohide,crossmnt,fsid=0)
/export/drbd1 10.212.212.0/24(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohide,crossmnt,fsid=0)

This wont work.

/export/drbd0 10.212.212.0/24(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohide,crossmnt,fsid=1)
/export/drbd1 10.212.212.0/24(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohide,crossmnt,fsid=2)

This wont work either.

It seems as soon I try to export any drive without "fsid=0" - It wont work.

I have attached some paste from management-server.log @ http://pastebin.com/SYBxXfux

Do any of you have any suggestions to solve this issue? I wish to expand my primary storage,
but at the moment I simply can’t get it to work. :-(