cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Deepti Dohare <deepti.doh...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Dedicated Resources: Dedicate Pods, Clusters, Hosts to a domain
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:01:28 GMT
My comments inline...

- Deepti

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Xu
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:55 PM
To: Deepti Dohare; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Dedicated Resources: Dedicate Pods, Clusters, Hosts to a domain

> My thinking is that, when dedicating a cluster to a domain, dedication
> of primary storage will be taken care of.

how do you handle PS if dedicating a host to domain?
If CS supports some kinds of EBS later, EBS can be a PS and shared by multiple cluster, how
do you handle EBS PS ?
>>[deepti] I was not intending to say that we are dedicating primary storage or secondary
storage. Right now, primary storage will be taken care of, at the cluster level.
     If a cluster is dedicated to a domain, all the host inside that cluster will be dedicated
to that domain.  And all the host will use the same primary storage. Similarly if CS will
support some kind of EBS, then all the clusters will share the primary storage.

Can admin dedicate multiple resources( for example, cluster) to a domain?
>>[deepti] Yes, Admin can dedicate multiple resource to a domain. For eg. if a pod is
dedicated to a domain then all the clusters will be automatically dedicated to that domain

If a pod is dedicated to a domain, can another pod be dedicated to a sub-domain of this domain?
If yes, does that mean this sub-domain own two pods?

>>[deepti] Here the behavior can be like this:
                       1.  If a pod is dedicated to a domain, that domain and its sub-domain
will have access to that pod,
                             but if further sub-domain is assigned a different pod then it
cannot access its parent domain's pod.
                       2.  Sub-domain and its child domains will have the sole access to that
new pod.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Anthony