cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject CentOS System Offering Thread
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 04:14:49 GMT
I'd like to resurrect this thread - as the other thread got carried away into Vyatta conversation.

My reasoning behind this move - is due to e1000 bug that affects Debian Wheezy, vSphere 5.0
(and possibly newer 5.1) and the router VM in Advanced Network Zone. While I could spent lots
of time troubleshooting this issue - my environment is mostly RHEL/CentOS based and therefore
- it would not hurt to have multiple flavors.

I'm also a lot more comfortable with RHEL based distros - but that just my preference.

In addition, this would be a good learning experience and I plan to document on how to create
your custom system offerings. I also plan to add on more features than whats currently available
- one of them being nginx - and more to come as need arises.  The end goal is to have an automated
solution using kickstart scripts that will be easy to upgrade and built on any platform.

I could probably reverse engineer the existing System Offerings - but anything that could
save my time in this effort - would be truly appreciated.

With this in mind - I'm looking for any existing documentation that would describe the steps
in achieving this goal.

If you would like to join me in this effort - please let me know.

Thanks
ilya