cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: CentOS System VM?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 07:35:26 GMT
Marcus,

There is always ways to make money.. This is straight from Wikipedia - I think the same model
will be applied here - except distribution and adoption is now handled via CS. It also going
to work great and in their favor for marketing purposes.  They will be able to reach much
greater audience.

"Vyatta sells a subscription edition that includes all the functionality of the open source
version as well as a graphical user interface, access to Vyatta's RESTful API's, Serial Support,
TACACS+, Config Sync, System Image Cloning, software updates, 24x7 phone and email technical
support, and training."

Regards
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Sorensen [mailto:shadowsor@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 10:42 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: CentOS System VM?

I believe she gave me her card at the conference. Scott Sneddon from vyatta introduced us,
she said she would be asking the devs about details on implementing their own network service.

When I was talking with Scott about it a few months back there really wasn't a clear idea
of what's in it for them to develop such a thing. They make their money on support and most
importantly their API in the commercial software, and cloudstack sort of takes those over,
at least for the existing virtual routers. Other than that its a solid Debian build with vetted
open source networking packages and would make a decent, if a bit large, system VM.