cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject Router VM and Network Issue
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:59:09 GMT
So I hit a glitch where a router VM boots up but does not really pass any traffic unless I
ping the gateway of the CS host from within the router VM.

Once the gateway ping goes through, CS is able to SSH into a router VM and everything is fine
and dandy..

But this behavior really puzzles me. Linux network stack is not fully activated or routing
is not fully functional until the initial CS GW ping.

Also I cant ping/ssh the router VM from CS unless a initiate a ping from within the router
VM.

I'm on CS 4.0 and vSphere5. This seem to affect the Advanced Network setup more than Basic
because of routing complexity - as you add some routes into linux routing table.

Has anyone seen this before?