cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal: Analytics
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 18:40:57 GMT
This proposal has me confused.

Why would any data at all be considered private? And private to whom?

There is no "us" and "them" in this project. We are one community. The only
thing that separates the PMC and committers from any other subscribers to
this list is a little bit more trust to undertake actions on behalf of the
ASF.

As such, accounts that granted edit privileges should obviously not be
handed out to anyone but committers. But as far as read only access is
concerned, I do not understand why we would not want to make as much as
possible public.

(Sorry for the late response!)

--
NS