cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Son <mailing....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Router VM peaks at ~920 Mbit/s instad of 4000 Mbit/s network offering rate limit
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 01:04:54 GMT
The network throughput mostly depends on your hardware configuration,
instead of cloudstack.

The key components are
- Network card : intel ixgbe or broadcom ?
- Network device driver version
- Network device driver configuration : GRO
- using VLAN or not :
- using linux bridge or not

If you have default configuration with Xenserver 5.6 sp2, the maximum
network throughput will be about 2 Gbps.

Our experiment shows that
-  instance to instance : 7Gbps
-  instance - router vm - instance : 4Gbps

with
- XenServer 6.0.2
- Custom Intel ixgbe driver
- GRO settings