cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Router VM and Network Issue
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:11:59 GMT
I don't have a vsphere environment, but it sounds a bit like an ARP issue,
where perhaps the bridge on the VMware host is filtering broadcast or
something. Maybe a workaround could be added to the system VM to make sure
things are more robust, but it sounds like something in your network is
disabling the discovery of your router VM via broadcast, and when you ping
from the system vm then the MAC table on the switch is finally updated and
things start working.