cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Enforcing UUID string in API query
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 00:02:14 GMT
On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
> Alright, spoke with tsp on irc on testing methods etc. I fixed [1] the apiserver to make
it backward compatible;

> - For all pre 3.x apis, both uuid, internal id can be used, all pre 3.x apis don't have
since field in their annotation.
> - For post 3.x apis, uuid param checking is enforced.
>
> The response (xml or json) always had uuid (and not internal id) since 3.x which is fine
with everyone and I fail to understand the case.

Folks complained then too - the problem was folks didn't know about
the change before it happened - only after a release had shipped and
they began interacting with the API. And even if they had known, they
essentially had no authority to complain..

See: http://twitter.com/abayer/status/203220404742012928  for a good
example of someone complaining publicly. Also keep in mind there are a
substantial number of 2.2.x deployments out there who have yet to
upgrade to 3.0.x or 4.0.0, so I doubt we have heard the last of the
complaints.

--David