cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Mike Tutkowski from SolidFire
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 05:41:41 GMT
Hi everyone,

As Edison mentioned, I'm employed at SolidFire (solidfire.com).  SolidFire
is located in Boulder, CO.  We develop a clustered SAN technology
with features such as inline compression, data de-duplication, thin
provisioning, and hard quality-of-service guarantees (running exclusively
on solid-state drives).

I am fairly new to the company (having come over recently from HP, where I
was working for the past 6.5 years on another SAN technology).

My primary responsibility at SolidFire is to help advance development work
on CloudStack.  Although this will include some SolidFire-specific
integration into CloudStack, I am available for general-purpose CloudStack
development.

My first question is, where do I start?  :)

I've gotten an account on GitHub.  I've forked the repo and cloned it
locally to my development computer.  I have Eclipse in place and am trying
to get the code to build under the storagerefactor branch.

During an e-mail exchange with Edison today, it sounded like I should
instead be on the javelin branch.  Did I understand that correctly?

Thanks for any assistance while I try to get up and running on my end!
Mike

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com