cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Schedule Reminder - Feature freeze on 2013-01-31
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:35:11 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> I propose that we also set a date for contributors to claim features and also a date
for contributors to indicate risk level.

> For example, I see quite a few improvements and features that are unassigned.  Past a
certain date if they're not claimed, we should be able to say this won't make it into the
release.

I'd like to see that happen by the end of the first week in Jan
(unless there are objections).  That Wednesday, I'll generate the list
of Jira items that are tagged for 4.1.0 and are unassigned and ask the
list if there are any takers that just forgot to set the version.  In
Friday, if nobody has assigned the jira item to themselves, I'll move
the unassigned to the Future release (including moving any design
documents in the wiki).

Building off of that, I'd further propose that starting the first week
of Jan we do the following:  Weekly, by Wednesday, everyone makes sure
to have updated the Jira tickets to reflect current status.  I'll then
generate a report to the dev list that notes status and attempts to
highlight the new features / improvements that have documented issues
that may be a concern.

I've updated the release management page for 4.1 [1] to reflect these
additional dates.

Please shout if there is disagreement!

-chip

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.1+Release