cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Changes to the wiki
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:27:43 GMT
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

>> Would prefer not to land on the cwiki 'Index' page.
>
> Yeah...that index is dynamically generated.  I tried to find ways to make it more static
and eventually consistent but couldn't find anything on it.  I figured it is useful though.
 Maybe we should change the title to "Index (Prepare to wait 30 seconds)".

>> E.g. Wikipedia tells people the project page is  http://cloudstack.org/ , which
>> redirects to http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/   From here, you clikc
>> 'Apache CloudStack Wiki and get to
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Index , which is
>> the index.
>
> Joe or Dave?  This is related to me changing the original landing page name to "Home".
 I don't have the authority to change what's under incubator.apache.org.

Fixed.

You actually do though (as do all committers).  It's in our svn tree,
and publishing is done via https://cms.apache.org/cloudstack/

>> Would prefer faster page.  It takes 30s (I timed it) for the link about to load.
>> think this is specific to the 'index' page, but I could be wrong.
>>
>> Finally, and apologies if this is covered under a thread earlier this week,
>> where do all things related to a feature go?  E.g. I'd like to note the setup
>> instructions for Hyper-V dev environment.  This isn't quite design, but it is a
>> developer thing.  Should I put a child under the design, or should there be a
>> feature specific page?
>
> This is a great question.  Design is for design spec of your component so it should not
go there.  Under the developer page, there needs to be more subtopic pages setup.  I think
whatever you think makes sense as a page to group these types of information, go ahead and
add it.  For example, I think "Setting Up Test Environments" page is a good subtopic and then
your hyperv page can go underneath that sounds like a good.

> I can also see we do this from a components point of view.  For example,  a components
page, then a hyperv page, and then how to setup hyperv.  Since you're the first to raise it,
you get to decide how it should work.  :)