cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Adjust JIRA to send out less mails (e.g. only about issue creation, status changes etc.)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 23:48:21 GMT
I already have all my mail setup to filter JIRA emails to another folder so I'm actually okay
with JIRA "spamming".  However, I can certainly see people who don't have server side filtering
getting annoyed by emails spamming them on their devices for example.

I think to resolve David's concern, it just means developers must be conscientious about discussions
taking place on -dev.  We've been doing pretty good in terms of switching between -user and
-dev.  I don't see it as a problem for someone to says let's take this to the list on JIRA
itself.  Some will get drop but I doubt it's that big a deal.

I'm actually more concerned that discussions on the list are not captured in JIRA itself so
someone looking up a bug doesn't get the context of what has already been discussed about
the bug.  For that I propose that we tag all bug discussion emails.  It would be great if
someone who knows smtp to write a script to post to Jira on the appropriate tags.  Anyone
want to take that on?  Until we have that we have to make it a convention that searching for
a bug also means a search for the tag in the list to see if it's been discussed.

--Alex