cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DOCS] Curious about the program that's being used to edit doc XML files...
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 01:57:06 GMT
Will be careful in future, Chip. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:10 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DOCS] Curious about the program that's being used to edit doc XML files...

Hi all (doc folks in particular),

I've noticed that many of the commits and patches sent in via review board for the docs files
are often filled with many text formatting changes.  For example: https://reviews.apache.org/r/8635/

The primary change is supposed to be in the text itself, but it's often very difficult to
parse through all of the formatting changes to find the documentation content that's actually
being changed.

I'm wondering if folks are using an editor that's automatically reformatting some of the text.
 Is that the case?

Any chance that we can all configure our editors to not make those types of formatting changes
by default (perhaps only when something is particularly messy, in which case it deserves it's
own commit IMO).

Thanks!

-chip