cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Something fun happened today...
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 02:46:15 GMT

On 21-Dec-2012, at 5:33 PM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:

> I noticed something pop up on Twitter today - Jeff Barr over at Amazon announced a beta
of their CLI for AWS

> I took a quick peek, was't impressed, so I voiced so back on Twitter. Jeff responded
saying I could fork the codeā€¦OK. So I suggested Mr. Barr take a peek at Rohit's demo video
on youtube, and then Rohit chimed in that amazon could look at his code in the ASF repo and
make take some ideas from that. Quite entertaining.

> Twitter exchange can be seen at https://twitter.com/johnlkinsella/status/282262162385297408
>
> You guys are kicking ass - we're showing Amazon how to do things right! Remember that
over the holidays, and let's keep turning out awesomeness in 2013.

> John

I'm planning to use their way of implementing autocompletion for bash (something Edison wanted
:) for cloudmonkey.
Since both of them are open source and APL 2.0, they both can borrow awesomeness from each
other to become the best tools for their users.

Regards.