cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Likitha Shetty <likitha.she...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [AWSAPI] user registration
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:09:24 GMT
You are right Sebastien, like we discussed in the previous thread we do need perform user-registration
before making both EC2 SOAP and EC2 Query API calls.

The difference is the steps in the user-registration,

1. For SOAP, cloudstack-aws-api-register --apikey=<User's CloudPlatform API key>  --secretkey=<
User's CloudPlatform Secret key > --cert=<path/to/cert.pem> --url=http://<cloud-mgmt-server>:7080/awsapi.

2. For REST, http:// <cloud-mgmt-server>:7080/awsapi?Action=SetUserKeys&accesskey=<User's
CloudPlatform API key>&secretkey=< User's CloudPlatform Secret key >

Additional info:

cloudstack-aws-api-register script performs both the actions, SetUserKeys and SetCertificate.

*         SetUserKeys gives the user's API access and secret keys to AWSAPI so that AWSAPI
can call the CloudStack API with these keys. This is required for both Query and SOAP.

*         SetCertificate registers the user's X.509 certificate with AWSAPI. EC2 requires
the client to have a public/private key pair with the public key defined by a X.509 certificate.
This is required only for SOAP access only (http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-soap-api.html)

Thank you,

Likitha