cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AWSAPI] user registration
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:45:47 GMT

On Dec 14, 2012, at 4:09 PM, Likitha Shetty <likitha.shetty@citrix.com> wrote:

> You are right Sebastien, like we discussed in the previous thread we do need perform
user-registration before making both EC2 SOAP and EC2 Query API calls.

 --secretkey=< User's CloudPlatform Secret key > --cert=<path/to/cert.pem> --url=http://<cloud-mgmt-server>:7080/awsapi.

> 2. For REST, http:// <cloud-mgmt-server>:7080/awsapi?Action=SetUserKeys&accesskey=<User's
CloudPlatform API key>&secretkey=< User's CloudPlatform Secret key >

> Additional info:
>
> cloudstack-aws-api-register script performs both the actions, SetUserKeys and SetCertificate.
>
> *         SetUserKeys gives the user's API access and secret keys to AWSAPI so that AWSAPI
can call the CloudStack API with these keys. This is required for both Query and SOAP.

> *         SetCertificate registers the user's X.509 certificate with AWSAPI. EC2 requires
the client to have a public/private key pair with the public key defined by a X.509 certificate.
This is required only for SOAP access only (http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-soap-api.html)

Thanks for clarifying Likitha. I actually have a patch pending submission to solve the issue
of registering for query or soap.

Could you check that one can call SetUserKeys several times with the same keys ? I have read
that it can be done, but last time I checked, if keys were already registered you would get
an error.

thanks,

-sebastien

> Thank you,
>
> Likitha

user registration is not required for AWSAPI.