cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: RestoreVM cmd, root volume gets recreated
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 07:55:00 GMT
As discussed restore vm api is for resetting the vm with a new volume in case its existing
volume gets corrupted whereas recover vm is used to recover the vm when its in the destroyed
state before it gets expunged. That said currently only recover vm option is available through
the UI and the action name on the UI is 'restore vm' so please don't get misled.

I think the documentation needs to be enhanced on these apis. I will file bug for the same
along with the action of restore vm to be presented as well.

On 02-Dec-2012, at 10:10 PM, Koushik Das wrote:

> I was looking at the restore VM logic and found that the root volume is recreated from
the existing one. Any specific reason for doing so?