cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Praveen Buravilli <Praveen.Buravi...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Ability to delete/archive Alerts and Events
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:43:00 GMT
Can you also add a feature to resolve
          "Host is Down" or
          "VM is stopped unexpectedly"
alerts when host or VM is UP?

Thanks,
Praveen Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Hari Kannan [mailto:hari.kannan@citrix.com]
Sent: 19 December 2012 05:06
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Ability to delete/archive Alerts and Events

Customers have filed enhancement request to request a way to delete alerts. They would prefer
not to do it through the database, instead want to acknowledge alerts and remove them. Some
of these alerts are months old and makes no sense to keep, according to them. Currently there
is no way to control Alerts via API (you can only list them). They would  prefer not to do
it through the database but as stated above, there is no way today to acknowledge and remove
them.

Requirements:

-          Able to select one or more alerts/events and delete them using API or UI

-          Able to archive the selected alerts/events instead of delete - archive will not
show them on the UI/listed via API, but will still be maintained in the DB (for auditing/compliance
purposes)

-          Ability to delete alerts by a time period

-          Ability to delete alerts by a "category"?

-          Introduce "alert.purge.delay" - alerts older than specified number of days will
be purged. Value set to 0 to never purge events automatically (there already exists an "event
purge delay" global config