cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Opennebula marketplace integration
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:15:06 GMT
Is there some reason this can't be discussed on the mailing list?

John

On Dec 19, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Pranav Saxena <pranav.saxena@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastien ,
>
> This does makes sense and perhaps seems to be the most logical approach to integrate
marketplace . I 'll be initiating some more discussions on the same with Jie and Brian and
thereafter we can have a plugin code available on github , as very rightly mentioned by you
, unless we can think off some other alternative solution.

> Regards,
> Pranav

, we can provide you/leads of Opennebula  with that since we already have it developed for
the actual Cloudstack marketplace I was working on and make it point to the OpenNebula Marketplace
by modifying the URL  .

>> But first the question arises , is the community in favor of this ? Last time there
were some issues on the ML regarding integration of marketplace and I reckon ,  we are yet
to reach a consensus.

> Hi Pranav,
>
> You are right in that the other marketplace thread has not yet reached consensus. We
need to bring it to consensus.
> I will reply to it.
>
> My understanding though is that folks are in favor of marketplaces in general but that
the code of such marketplace should not be in the cloudstack code. That means that you could
put your marketplace code on github but commit the "hooks" to it in cloudstack. In a very
similar fashion that we have several storage backends.

> Where it links to opennebula's marketplace is if your hooks can be used to connect to
their marketplace. That'd be great.

> Does that make sense ?
>
> -Sebastien
>

>> Regards,
>> Pranav

are interested to integrate their marketplace with CloudStack.

>> The concept is to leave the marketplace itself where it is and develop hooks/plugins
in CloudStack to import images from the marketplace into a CloudStack deployment.

>> A user would set a global settings 'marketplace' to the opennebula marketplace server.
This would in turn display the images that are in the marketplace within the template UI.

>> Thoughts ?
>>
>> -Sebastien

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella