cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adjust JIRA to send out less mails (e.g. only about issue creation, status changes etc.)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 19:20:04 GMT
On Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 12:52 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:

> I agree this helps in making communication from Jira more effective.
> David, Joe do you have administrator privileges to adjust the
> notification emails from Jira?

I'm actually -1 on this.

I see comments coming from Jira as being important, and I don't see that
anyone who *may* be interested in an issue automatically setting it to
"watch" or whatever based on the initial ticket.

I seem to recall a proposal to move Jira messages to a separate list,
which might be an acceptable substitute - but there should be a list
where all Jira messages are sent.

The problem about accidental changes to Jira sounds really annoying, but
that should be reported to the Atlassian folks rather than doing a
workaround that means people subscribed to the list won't see important
additions to tickets.

Best,

jzb

--