cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: git commit: cli: pip install cloudmonkey works
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:27:11 GMT

On 07-Nov-2012, at 4:50 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

> Rohit:
>
> I saw the below commit, and then this:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudmonkey/0.0.4
>
> Is this a release of a portion of the CloudStack codebase? (This
> wasn't in the 4.0.0-incubating release was it?)
> Did I miss a discussion of the publication on list somewhere?

I released it on pypi (cheese shop) without asking anyone. I did that so a user can simply
get the cli using pip or easy_install.

Do I need to go through some process to release the cli on pypi, think like maven snapshots?
I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, I'm unsure and don't know the release process for distributing
client snapshots or python libs such as marvin which are within the source code. Starting
4.1.0 we can distribute cli etc. along with the release.

Regards.