cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Min Chen <min.c...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Need help in updating patch for Review Request
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:21:11 GMT
Thanks Rohit. By following your recommended workflow, I was able to create
a patch for my current review. But here comes another scenario that I need
some guidance: now I need to work on another list api refactoring in
parallel while current review https://reviews.apache.org/r/8172 is still
pending, but the new work needs to depend on the new code that is pending
review and thus is not yet in remote api_refactoring branch yet. Based on
your workflow, I should do this:
1) git checkout api_refactoring  (my local branch tracking remote
api_refactoring branch)
2) git pull origin api_refactoring
3) git checkout -b mybranch2
But I cannot work on mybranch2 for my new feature changes since
"mybranch2" does not have the required code currently in review. What
should I do now? Apply the pending patch to mybranch2? If so, what is the
right procedure for me to create the second patch after the first patch is
approved and checked into remote api_refactoring branch?

Thanks
-min