cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject NiciraNvpElement
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 03:09:06 GMT
Hi Hugo,

I was refactoring some code and noticed the following:

 1.  The NiciraNvpElement is present in the checked-in components.xml.in. This is odd since
it is a plugin and should be enabled only if the installation is using NiciraNvp
 2.  In the implement method, a lock is taken against the network. First, this is unnecessary
since the outer NetworkManagerImpl.implement() already takes this lock. Second, the Network
table belongs to the Network Manager/orchestrator and it is expected that the plugin elements
keep their hands off of these internal tables.
 3.  If the implement chain throws an exception or even at a later point in the workflow,
then the shutdown() method is /may be called. Therefore it is expected that the shutdown method
is usually an undo of the implement. However this rule is not fast — if it makes sense to
maintain some state in implement(), it may be OK to not roll back that state.

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.
--
Chiradeep