cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Satoshi Kobayashi <satosh...@stratosphere.co.jp>
Subject Re: About the development approach of KVM Agent on master
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:51:37 GMT
2012/11/17 Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com>:

> [...]
to kvm host, unzip, and execute run.sh, will start the kvm agent.
> Note:
>     Run.sh needs to be fixed, as the classpath is incorrect.
>     Need to modify conf/agent.properties, add guid, zone/pod/cluster, public{private/guest}.network.device
etc.
>     Need to create zone/pod/kvm cluster before start run.sh, otherwise, kvm agent can't
be added into mgt server.

I did not know that approach. nice.

>> A task required to develop from Maven which I think is the following.
>> - Add a configuration of maven-exec-plugin for KVM Agent to pom.xml.
>> - Add a configuration for m2e plugin of Eclipse (like "mvn jetty:run")
>
> +1
>
>> - Skip some checks in the development environment (for example,
>> agent.properties)
>> - Add configurations and scripts to be used to the path (or from args)
>

> +1
>
>> - Add a tool to cleanup a KVM host (optional?)
>>
>> Do you have any ideas?
>
> I am thinking about running kvm agent as a http server(maybe put agent code into a jetty
server), mgt server talking to kvm agent through http instead of tcp.
> Kvm agent code will be a dummy http server, always mgt server start the talk to agent.
> You can easily using mvn jetty:run to start the agent http server.
> Easy for test, you can send a command to kvm agent through wget/curl/browser etc.
>
> How do you think?

That is fantastic! I want "Management Server simulator" for debugging
of Agent. It is any http client or browser if Agent is your
architecture.