cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rant: Request for better commit messages
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:16:02 GMT
Really I just want to make sure that a commit I make that I know needs to
be pushed into the next 4.0 bugfix release gets there. Since someone else
is in charge of maintaining 4.0 and merging bug fixes, I can't do it
myself, and I'm not really sure how it works now. For example, does that
maintainer look through a JIRA report and only merge bugfixes listed there?

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how (cherry picking, pull based on commit message) this will
> work, but it's good idea to mark the commit with some tag with say branch
> so we always commit on master?
> (Bugfix-for or Branch: <branches> )
> Branch: 4.0, master #(comma separated branch names).
> Bug-id: CLOUDSTACK-xxx
>
> This may be ambiguous, says some developer did not know if some commit
> would apply for some branch? Another issue is to encourage everyone of us
> to use this convention.
> If we could solve it, that would be great.

part of a nascent

> small

> > rohit.yadav@citrix.com

the committers